Thursday, July 2, 2009

northside festival happened, like, weeks ago...

...but I never wrote about it. I spent about $400 that weekend partying, even though the 15 shows Nick and I saw were covered by my cheap-as-shit $45 all-access handy dandy badge pass. The highlights included Bishop Allen at Studio B, Bill Callahan at Music Hall of Williamsburg, and The Dodos show at Studio B (horribly scheduled for Sunday at 5pm). Though apparently the L Mag people had problems with the Dodos show, their set has since rejuvenated my love for Visiter - it is playing full blast in my living room at the moment - and has heightened my anticipation for the next release.

Here a few pics of pretty terrible quality, cos well why the fuck not??

Brightblack Morning Light @ Studio B - This lady on the keys rocked it so hard. She was super possessed and in the moment. Her flailing, jerky head movements were mesmerizing.


Bishop Allen @ Studio B - Again the female band member (on bells this time), Heather, stole the show for me. She sang lead for a few songs and broke every heart in the room. Justin Rice was fun and energetic, despite looking a bit haggard and as though he hadn't shaved or slept in a few.




Sisters @ Public Assembly - Although Nick and I caught this on a fluke, leaving the Tallest Man on Earth at MHOW and grabbing a drink before These Are Powers @ Death By Audio (who played there with Real Estate<###),

No comments:

Post a Comment