Friday, May 29, 2009

forgive me, it's been a while.

Happy late Memz day! Summer is unofficially here, and I rang it in with buds over the weekend at a friend's cabin in the beautifully secluded town of Tunbridge, located in central Vermont. There was a nice little group of Bennington galpals mixed in with Ivy's cute local dude friends. Lots of beer, bovines, bonfires, BBQ, beef jerky... You get the picture. There was no cell phone service or internet. It was quite an interesting little break from civilization.
And on Sunday I borrowed Ivy's father's enormo pickup truck and drove down to visit Bennington for a few hours. Spent some time with Blake and his roommate/life partner Ineshke, the token Sri Lankan student/campus terrorist. It felt so good to be back in that place, though I smoked about a dozen cigarettes on the way there and drove about 2 hours out of the way all the way to Woodstock, VT. Partly because I was nervous, partly because I was enjoying the road trip and cardancing THAT much.

No comments:

Post a Comment