Wednesday, May 13, 2009

i'm piggin' up good vibesss.


This is how I feel today.

"She's Goin' Bald" came on my last.fm, spurring me to start reading Brian Wilson's wikipedia page, and I realized what kindred spirits we are, what with the the shared affinity for both cocaine binges and overeating. And just generally isolating and alienating ourselves from others whom we love. Hmmm not funny anymore. Someone intervene, please, once I hit the 300lbs mark.

Apparently he named the Beach Boys album "Pet Sounds" after Phil Spector, using his initials to allude to the musician's influence on their sound. And the title's meaning comes from the songs that made the album were his faves, or his "pets." So that's pretty rad. They shot the album photograph at the San Diego zoo in 1966. I love this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment