Saturday, May 9, 2009

in that case, i'll have a rum and coca-cola.

"Different Class," Britpop band Pulp's arguably most smashinest hit album, has crawled out of the 90's and back into my iPod. I guess this started that night at Glasslands for the Suckers release party when Common People came on and Nick started belting out the refrain with a fervent passion the likes of which has never been seen! At least not outside of an Evangelical church mass. There needs to be a good remix of that song, and I can't seem to find one anywhere. Nick's live version can't be beat, anyway.

So I skipped my buddies Real Estate's show at Public Assembly Thursday to... sit at home and watch Samantha Who! Nahhh, I'm just messin' - I don't even watch that show! Much. I don't watch that show... much. Whatever. I went out with a bunch of buds to the Bwick Country Club and Art Land and Black Betty (which was a hot mess of a trashface dance party), Huckleberry and back to Bushwick CC. Friday at the office was a real fucking dreammm. Ouch. I spent the day commiserating with my cute gay Belgian coworker Fabrice.

But it was RE's last show with Matt for a while, cos he left yesterday to tour (as Ducktails) Europe with Black Dice and then Tomutonttu for a month, which is so rad! Rockstarz... He also had a sweet little Ducktails video come out for "Landrunner" (dir. by Alice Cohen) recently too. Something about the animation seems too familiar to me, but nonetheless the images work really well with the audio. I should really put my money where my mouth is though.

Tonight Real Estate has a show at Santos Party House and Malcolm is going to fill in! So awesome. Not that I can go, cos it's Lena's bday party at Bushwick CC. They also have a show together at the Annex, where (Malcolm's band) Your Nature has a residency this month. Your Nature + Real Estate + Malcolm playing with Bleek??? Hold on a sec, can someone check my pulse? I have to check if I just died... and went to HEAVEN! LOLz. Too much coffee, woo... Oops there's the doorbell. Tess is here, time to make brunch and re-join the world.

Since this whole post ended up being about Real Estate (go figure), here's a track from the Underwater Peoples' Summer Showcase mix that just came out.





<###e

No comments:

Post a Comment