Tuesday, April 21, 2009

oh, it gets your body moving.

Going to see Suckers and Tanlines tonight at Glasslands. Free Colt45 from 8-9pm, huh?

Outside they are filming another episode of Ugly Betty. The m
ain characters work for a magazine that is supposed to be in the Woolworth building next door, so they are often closing off the area and shooting scenes during the week. There is a shoe store directly adjacent to the entrance to our building, and I passed by before on my way back from my break and they had emptied the whole space and converted it into a cafe! The window said PATISSERIE where dozens of cheap shoes used to be! I thought I was lost...

Took an extra long break today to go buy a video cam tripod from Adorama. That place is crazy! They have this whole take-a-number electronic deli shop set-up and everything a media artist could possibly desire. Anyway. Dropped over two hundred easy on a tripod and mini-dv's. I feel like I can use the term "dropped" here in regards to spending a chunk of cash I don't reallllly have. But tomorrow evening I'm filming this wedding rehearsal dinner that David Archer hooked me up with through his coworkers at Knopf. It's at some fancy hotel restaurant in midtown. I can afford the tripod with my payment from that. Maybe these odd jobs are how I'll eventually be able to buy a camera.

Trekked out to Crown Heights last night with this little purse puppy my boss paid me to dogsit for a week while she's on vacay in the Dominican Republic. Picked up a Canon vid camera from Patrick and Mike's place. Weird area. I felt like I could have been in Baltimore. Or Philly. Not that I have ever been there. But it felt like another city other than Bklyn. Took about 3 hours round trip in traveling time alone, too.

On a sidenote, I didn't know Marc Bolan was dead. At my place on Saturday night, everyone had a good laugh that I didn't know.

"me: i can't believe i didn't know he was dead. i guess i never even thought about it either way.
nneidorf: haha, right
I guess there was no reason to be so stunned by your lack of knowledge on the subject
it was funny at the time, though"

Hah bloody hah. And Nick or Vadim (henceforth known as Vlad the Impaler) kept insisting on the fact that T.Rex was originally Tyrannosaurus Rex. It was supposed to mean something. But WHAT?

Been getting a new mix together. Watch out now.

2 comments:

  1. He also died in a car accident and though he loved cars and owned several he was convinced that he would die in one, thus he refused to drive.

    His girlfriend was driving when he met his end.

    ReplyDelete